Clan TRPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duke's guide to creating a great character

3 posters

Go down

Duke's guide to creating a great character Empty Duke's guide to creating a great character

Post  DukeNukem cheif Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 pm

tip one:
1) create a history. when a character has history behind him/her/or anything in between then in my opinion it has more base for the role play to start upon. not history like "omg i was possesed by a demon as a kid" ..... just saying
2) text fight. with text fighting you can do more than just "attacks the enemy"
3) use original stories. with original ideas everything is yours and you dont seem like a noob for copying.
4) never just do a rp about a wandering warrior with no storyline. have some kind of internal or external conflict that provides a storyline for the character.

that is dukes guid to creating a great character. i got the idea to do this when i thought about my Valkor character. even though it started out as just a vampire it evolved into a full blown not so bad story line. if i had to rate my rp's i would make the Valkor story one of my favorites. i hope this guide helps you all become better role players as it has for me.
DukeNukem cheif
DukeNukem cheif
Admin

https://trpg.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Duke's guide to creating a great character Empty Re: Duke's guide to creating a great character

Post  St.Vice Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm

i'll agree with that, but i still like to RP as John the Kind Heart and Davion the Jade heart.
St.Vice
St.Vice

Back to top Go down

Duke's guide to creating a great character Empty Re: Duke's guide to creating a great character

Post  Shadowbutterfly Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:16 am

I dunno why but i just like rping with the names of:
Mike Windrunn/Faerwing
Rosanne Windrunn/Faerwing
Amber Faerwing
Sarah Windrunn Razz

The Wind and the Wings Razz
Shadowbutterfly
Shadowbutterfly

http://shadowproductions.myfineforum.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  St.Vice Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 pm

i use the name John Fun Gun every once in a while.
St.Vice
St.Vice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down